Terms and Conditions for Business Users
(1) About us and how to contact us
- Company details. PPE BOXES LIMITED with registration number 12617237 (“we” and “us”), is a company registered in London with the we operate the website https://www. ppeboxes.co.uk /. Our registered VAT number is 12617237.
- Contacting us. To contact us email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the chat function on our website.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
(2) Our contract with you
(3) Placing an order and its acceptance
- To place orders you will be required to enter into an annual subscription (the “Subscription“) with us and pay a fee for this (the “Subscription Fee“). The annual Subscription Fee is detailed on our website and payment of this fee allows you to place an unlimited amount of orders with us during your Subscription period. You will not be able to place an order with us without first paying the Subscription Fee. The Subscription commences on the date your first order is dispatched and expires on the first anniversary of that date. You can cancel your Subscription at any time, just contact us to let us know but please be aware you may not be entitled to a refund of the Subscription Fee. The Subscription will automatically renew annually and we will notify you at least 30 days prior to the renewal date advising you of the terms of renewal, including the cost, and how to end your subscription if you do not wish to continue. Otherwise, the Subscription will renew for an additional year. Subscribers must be eighteen years of age or older. We reserve the right to increase our Subscription Fees after the initial year.
- Placing your order. Please follow the onscreen prompts to place an order. Each order is an offer by you to purchase the products (the “Products”) subject to these Terms.
- Correcting input errors. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please check the order carefully before confirming it. You are responsible for ensuring that your order is complete and accurate.
- Acknowledging receipt of your order. After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received it and providing further details as to what Products we will provide to you, but please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in Clause 3.5.
- Accepting your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you with confirmation that your order has been dispatched (the “Dispatch Confirmation“) at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. Please be aware that if you are trying to order quantities of certain Products above a threshold, you will be required to request a quote before you can place an order. You can request a quote by following the link in the query box that automatically pops up on our website when you try to place such an order.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will process your order. This might be because the Product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the Product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. If you have already paid for your order, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
(4) Our Products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the Products on our website are for illustrative purposes only and your Product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that the way your device displays the colour of a Product accurately reflects the actual colour of the Products. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, the specific brand, type or package quantity of the Products we provide you with and all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website may vary.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of your Products may vary from that shown on images on our website.
- Our rights to make changes. We may make minor changes to our Products:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements; and
- to reflect scientific developments.
These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to the Products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the Products on our website, we may make the following changes to these terms or the product;
- quantity of Products available at the time of dispatch;
- discontinuation of Products,
but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any Products paid for but not received.
(5) Providing the Products
- Delivery costs. We deliver to the countries listed on our website. However, there are restrictions on some Products for certain destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- When we will provide the Products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Products to you, which will be within 14 (fourteen) days after the date of dispatch confirmation.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
- If the product cannot be delivered. If no one is available to take delivery and the Products cannot be safely posted or left, our third party logistics provider will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Products from a local depot, as applicable.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot your order will be returned to our fulfilment centre. We will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and Clause 11.4 will apply.
- When you become responsible for the Products. A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- When you own the Products. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of Products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as notified by us to you (see Clause 4.3 and 4.4).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of Products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 2 months and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the Products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us the Subscription Fee or for the Products when you are supposed to (see Clauses 3.1 and 6.4) and you still do not make payment within 5 (five) days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the Products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the Products. We will not charge you for the Products during the period for which they are suspended.
(6) Price of Products and delivery charges
- Where to find the price for the Products and an annual subscription fee. The prices of the Products and the annual Subscription will be as quoted on our website at the time you submit your order. We take reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However, please see Clause 6.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Products you ordered.
- We may change the price for the Products. Prices for our Products and the Subscription Fee may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed for Products which are to be delivered.
- The Prices exclude VAT and we will pass on change in the rate of VAT. The price of the Products and the Subscription Fee excludes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some items on our website may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Products at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. If we mistakenly accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel supply of the Products and refund you any sums you have paid.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. You can only pay for the Subscription Fee and Products using a debit card or credit card. Details of the cards we accept are provided on our website and are subject to the terms of our payment processors, Paypal Inc and Stripe.com. You must pay for the Products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the Products to you.
(7) Return and refund
(8) Manufacturer’s guarantee
- Some of the Products we provide come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Products.
(9) Our warranty for the Products
- The Products are intended for use only in the country in which they are delivered to. We do not warrant that the Products comply with the laws, regulations or standards outside the country where we delivery the Products to you.
- We provide a warranty that on delivery, the Products shall:
- subject to Clause 4, conform in all material respects with their description; and
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
- Subject to Clause 9.4, if:
- you give us notice in writing within a reasonable time of discovery that some or all of the Products do not comply with the warranty set out in Clause 9.2;
- we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining the Products; and
- if we ask you to do so, you return the Products to us at your cost,
we will, at our option, repair or replace the defective Products, or refund the price of the defective Products in full.
- We will not be liable for breach of the warranty set out in Clause 9.2 if:
- you make any further use of the Products after giving notice to us under Clause 9.3 ;
- the defect arises as a result of us following any drawing, design or specification supplied by you;
- you alter or repair the Products without our written consent;
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions; or
- the Products differ from their description or specification as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.We will only be liable to you for the Products’ failure to comply with the warranty set out in Clause 9.2 to the extent set out in this Clause 9.
- The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Products Act 1979 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- These Terms also apply to any repaired or replacement Products supplied by us to you.
(10) Our liability: your attention is particularly drawn to this clause
- References to liability in this Clause 10 include every kind of liability arising under or in connection with the Contract including but not limited to liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise.
- We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Products for any resale purposes.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Products Act 1979
(title and quiet possession); or
- any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Subject to Clause 10.3, we will under no circumstances be liable to you for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; or
- loss of business opportunity; or
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of goodwill; or
- any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to Clause 10.3, our total liability to you for all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract will in no circumstances exceed the amount paid by you to us in 12 months for the Subscription Fee and the Products you ordered from us.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representations, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
- These terms and conditions apply to businesses ONLY. If you are using these Products for any consumer purposes these terms do not apply, and our terms of supply for consumers shall apply.
- Without limiting any of our other rights, we may suspend the supply or delivery of the Products to you, or terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to you if:
- you commit a material breach of any term of the Contract and (if such a breach is remediable) fail to remedy that breach within 14 (fourteen) days of you being notified in writing to do so;
- you fail to pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment; or
- you take any step or action in connection with you entering administration, provisional liquidation or any composition or arrangement with your creditors (other than in relation to a solvent restructuring), being wound up (whether voluntarily or by order of the court, unless for the purpose of a solvent restructuring), having a receiver appointed to any of your assets or ceasing to carry on business or, if the step or action is taken in another jurisdiction, in connection with any analogous procedure in the relevant jurisdiction; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Products; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Products to you or collect them from us; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the Products; or
- you suspend, threaten to suspend, cease or threaten to cease to carry on all or a substantial part of your business; or
- your financial position deteriorates to such an extent that in our opinion your capability to adequately fulfil your obligations under the Contract has been placed in jeopardy.
- Termination of the Contract shall not affect your or our rights and remedies that have accrued as at termination.
- Any provision of the Contract that expressly or by implication is intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination shall remain in full force and effect.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in Clause 11.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of you breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 14 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for Products which will not be provided.
(12) Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control
(each such event is an “Event Outside Our Control“).
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under the Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under the Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel the Contract for the delivery of Products affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 (thirty) days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
(13) Communications between us
- Any notice or other communication given by one of us to the other under or in connection with the Contract must be in writing and be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, or email.
- A notice or other communication is deemed to have been received:
- if delivered personally, on signature of a delivery receipt or at the time the notice is left at the proper address;
- if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second working day after posting; or
- if sent by email, at 9.00 am the next working day after transmission.
- In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
(14) How we may use your personal information.
- Entire agreement. The Contract is the entire agreement between us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in the Contract.
- These Terms and the Contract are made only in the English language. Except where not permitted by local law, any translations of these Terms and the Contract are provided for information only, and the only binding version of these Terms and the Contract are those in the English language.
- Assignment and transfer.
- We may assign or transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another entity but will always notify you by posting details of this on our webpage if this happens.
- You may only assign or transfer your rights or your obligations under the Contract to another person if we agree in writing.
- Any variation of the Contract only has effect if it is in writing and signed by you and us
(or our respective authorised representatives).
- If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Contract, or if we do not exercise our rights or remedies against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights or remedies against you or that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive any rights or remedies, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any right or remedy related to any later default by you.
- Each paragraph of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Third party rights. The Contract is between you and us. No other person has any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. This Contract is governed by English law and each party irrevocably agrees to submit all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.